News and Announcements
All our Coaches are Safe Contact Certified for the safety of all of our players.
WHAT IS SAFE CONTACT?
An integral part of Football Canada’s National Coaching Certification Program, Safe Contact teaches safe tackling and blocking techniques along with safety education and awareness. Every football player needs to be able to perform the football fundamentals taught in Safe Contact, regardless of what position they play on the field.
WHY SAFE CONTACT?
We are all aware of how positive the game of football can be for our youth. But like any sport our kids play, it is incumbent on the organizers and coaches to teach young athletes how to play the game safely. That’s why we are encouraging you to participate in Football Canada’s Safe Contact program.
The Myers Orléans Bengals Football Club is looking for people interested in coaching for the 2018 season. Whether you are a seasoned veteran or new to coaching, we want you to join our team!
Key Criteria for Myers Bengals Minor Football Association Coaching Candidates include:
- Ability to teach fundamental skills and team concepts of safe contact football.
- A dynamic personality who will get the entire Myers Bengals Club and Orléans community involved in football.
- Ability to interact with student-athletes of different ages and football skill levels in a positive and professional manner.
- Candidate should demonstrate a high degree of integrity as all Myers Bengals staff are considered to be role models for players and parents.
- Motivate and mentor student-athletes.
- Must promote Myers Bengals spirit.
- Communicate effectively with club administration and football families.
- Plan, organize and execute off-season, summer, and pre-season training and preparation and recruitment programs.
- Ability to manage team football budget, raise funds, plan, and prioritize football expenses, at the team and club levels.
Interested candidates should submit a letter of interest addressed to Club President George Zigoumis to email@example.com highlighting the following areas;
- Coaching Philosophy,
- Program Building ideas,
- References for those new to the club
We are looking for keen individuals to join our Bengals Executive Committee!
Please consider joining this great organization.
Candidates should ask themselves the following questions and if they have a positive response over all, we would love to have them submit their name for consideration:
1) Do you truly enjoy working long-hours (at times) to build or build upon something so useful and wonderful to children?
2) Are you fine and able to work with people who may disagree with you and still put the same energy and effort into Q1?
3) What if very few people ‘step-up’. Are you willing to let the Club (especially children) suffer or are you willing to shoulder most of the work?
4) What is good and bad about the club and how would you fix it and/or build upon it?
5) Do you suffer from ‘thin-skin’ because the Exec is a whipping-boy from many parents/personnel across the levels?
6) Are you willing to lose friendships to do what is right and needed because some adults are juvenile and the only focus should be on the kids?
7) Can you remain neutral especially if the level your son plays at is impacted by a right or wrong decision?
8) Are you ‘kicking-the-tires’ or is joining the Exec of interest to you over a few years while your child is playing?
It takes many hands working together as a team to create success.
We are looking for the following Board of Directors:
· Elected at the Annual General Meeting (hereinafter referred to as “AGM”)
o Executive Vice-President;
· The following vacancies on the Board of Directors, which will be a vote of the Board of Directors
o Director of Cheerleading;
o Director of Communications;
o Director of Fund-raising & Sponsorship;
o Director of Equipment;
· Also we are looking for the following members as ex-officio member to the Board of Directors
o BBQ Coordinator;
o Volunteer Coordinator;
o Specials Events Coordinator;
Please take note that as per our Constitution, all nominations for any executive position must;
- be signed by the nominee
- be approved by 4 voting members in good standing,
- Member in Good Standing: For a member of the Club to be considered in good standing with the Club, that member must have paid their Club fees.
- submitted in writing to the me at least 14 days prior to the AGM which will be held November 27th in room 340 at 255 Centrum Boulevard.
*Note: Active Membership: All eligible football players or cheerleader who participates in a Club Program and who have paid the fees as set by the Club. All Active Members of the legal voting age (Ontario = 18 years old) shall be entitled to one vote at each Annual General Meeting and Special Meeting of the Club. (Underage Active Members have no vote but may be represented by their parent or guardian).
The Orléans Bengals were honoured, along with the St-Matthew Tigers Football Club, to welcome Mayor Jim Watson, a representative from MP Andrew Leslie’s office as well as Councillor Bob Monette, Councillor Jody Mitic and Councillor Stephen Blais to attend the official unveiling of the field lighting at Bilberry Park. A big thank you also to Coach Aldege Bellefeuille for never giving up on this important initiative as well as Coach Zigoumis for his relentless support of our organization. The Bengals are lucky to have such strong supporters in the community.