News and Announcements
Support Football in Ottawa!
To the 50+ kids and parents who braved the weather today to join us at our Embrun Mini-Combine, THANK YOU! We had an amazing morning, met lots of new friends and more importantly, we couldn’t get enough of all those smiley faces! A particular thanks to the Russell Minor Football Association for their warm welcome as well as DLSportsphotography for the pictures. We hope to see everyone out at our May 5th Combine at the Hornets Nest! If you want to register before that, our next in-person registration will be from 10AM-12PM, Saturday April 21st at the Orléans YMCA.
All our Coaches are Safe Contact Certified for the safety of all of our players.
WHAT IS SAFE CONTACT?
An integral part of Football Canada’s National Coaching Certification Program, Safe Contact teaches safe tackling and blocking techniques along with safety education and awareness. Every football player needs to be able to perform the football fundamentals taught in Safe Contact, regardless of what position they play on the field.
WHY SAFE CONTACT?
We are all aware of how positive the game of football can be for our youth. But like any sport our kids play, it is incumbent on the organizers and coaches to teach young athletes how to play the game safely. That’s why we are encouraging you to participate in Football Canada’s Safe Contact program.
The Myers Orléans Bengals Football Club is looking for people interested in coaching for the 2018 season. Whether you are a seasoned veteran or new to coaching, we want you to join our team!
Key Criteria for Myers Bengals Minor Football Association Coaching Candidates include:
- Ability to teach fundamental skills and team concepts of safe contact football.
- A dynamic personality who will get the entire Myers Bengals Club and Orléans community involved in football.
- Ability to interact with student-athletes of different ages and football skill levels in a positive and professional manner.
- Candidate should demonstrate a high degree of integrity as all Myers Bengals staff are considered to be role models for players and parents.
- Motivate and mentor student-athletes.
- Must promote Myers Bengals spirit.
- Communicate effectively with club administration and football families.
- Plan, organize and execute off-season, summer, and pre-season training and preparation and recruitment programs.
- Ability to manage team football budget, raise funds, plan, and prioritize football expenses, at the team and club levels.
Interested candidates should submit a letter of interest addressed to Club President George Zigoumis to email@example.com highlighting the following areas;
- Coaching Philosophy,
- Program Building ideas,
- References for those new to the club